[gis_info] DOR and Cartography costs - quick sum

Tycho Granville tychog at co.wasco.or.us
Thu Mar 8 11:02:49 PST 2012

Hi All –

I got responses back from several companies that do the same mapping
updates as DOR. Some of them already do the mapping for Oregon counties. I
didn’t get prices for those. I didn’t ask about updating the tax cards, as
I had mistakenly thought the Assessors all did that in-house.

I spoke with Lane County who both maintains their own data, and does the
mapping for several other counties to DOR/ORMAP standards. They say the
rate of $60-$65/hour is in line with the industry.

Thanks,

Tycho

Tycho Granville
GIS Coordinator