[gis_info] OpenStreetMap Edit-a-thon – April 20th

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Wed Apr 17 09:14:00 PDT 2013

Come join us for the second #editathon event of 2013, a nation wide weekend of mapping. Groups from all over the country will be coming together to improve the US map.

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 from 12-5pm at the Lucky Lab on SE 9th and Hawthorne. We have a room reserved so there shouldn't be as much noise.

All the details are on Calagator: http://calagator.org/events/1250463885

OpenStreetMap, sometimes called "the Wikipedia of maps" is a free worldwide basemap that anyone can use and edit. Even if you've never edited OSM before, you're welcome to join us. Bring a laptop (and mouse, if you have one--it helps!) and your local knowledge.

We'll have a short "Intro to OpenStreetMap" talk around 1pm, and cheerfully provide assistance with setting up OSM editing software and learning how to add and edit features. Latecomers are a-ok!

Hope to see you there!

Darrell

P.S. Feel free forward this to any appropriate forums. Thanks!