[gis_info] Central Oregon Coast Geospatial Statistics Symposium in Newport - May 31, 2013

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed May 22 10:37:47 PDT 2013

Join us for a Geospatial Statistics Symposium on Friday, May 31 from 9:00
am to 4:00 pm. at the Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, OR.

This all-day symposium will introduce participants to the rapidly
developing field of spatial statistics including quantitative analysis of
spatial data and the statistical modeling of spatial variability and
uncertainty.  Presenters from OSU, UO, PSU, EPA and other organizations
will cover a variety of topics including: techniques and challenges for
model development, managing uncertainty in models, validating and
predicting change.  Presentations are applicable to people of various
disciples, backgrounds and knowledge levels.  See the symposium website for
a draft agenda and more information:
http://www.orurisa.org/Central_Oregon_Coast_Geospatial_Statistics_Symposium_2013

Please register (http://ccgisug2013geostats.eventbrite.com/) soon as space
is limited.  We are charging a $20 fee to cover lunch and snacks throughout
the day.

Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested; this symposium
is open to all interested. We look forward to seeing you there. Even if you
can't make the symposium, please be sure to join us after the symposium for
a GIS and Geostats social event (~ 4:00pm @ South Beach Rogue Brewery)!

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Central Oregon Coast GIS Users Group