[gis_info] Esri Ocean GIS Forum

Keith VanGraafeiland KVanGraafeiland at esri.com
Fri Sep 11 08:51:47 PDT 2015

[cid:image001.png at 01D0EC6F.16CA0E10]

At Esri, we are preparing for the 2015 Ocean GIS Forum.  The conference will be held the first week in November (4-6) and we hope that you can participate in this unique opportunity to collaborate on technology and scientific data geared specifically towards to the ocean.   Here is some additional information on the forum:
http://www.esri.com/events/ocean

We will be holding workshops during the forum, here are the descriptions:

Getting Started with ArcGIS Online
ArcGIS Online is a key component of the ArcGIS platform that enables users to share information and collaborate within or outside their organization. In this workshop, we will introduce the basic components of the ArcGIS Online environment as well as best practices for authoring and sharing content with individual users, your organization, and the public. Following these introductory components, we will proceed into basic administrative topics, such as managing users and content, as well as branding and embedding ArcGIS online into other web resources.

Creating Story Maps in ArcGIS Online
Story maps combine maps, photos, text, and other media in a single interactive application. The engaging, fun-to-use format makes story maps ideal for public outreach, stakeholder engagement, and GIS project presentations. In this seminar, the presenters will show best practices for making story maps using Esri Story Map app templates that require no coding. Participants will learn how to choose the template that best meets their project needs, and the steps to create compelling story maps using a template.

Staging and Serving Scientific Data in ArcGIS Online
Learn how to serve multidimensional data providing discoverable content for scientists, researchers, and resource management professionals.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and other global scientific agencies collect and provide access to hundreds of raw multidimensional datasets online on a regular basis for information such as sea surface temperature and ice thickness. This workshop will provide the methodology and tools for university, government, and research institution faculty and staff to stage and serve scientific data in meaningful ways with ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS Online. Workshop participants will use multimedia data to work through the staging, metadata, and serving steps required for transforming data into accessible and authoritative content in ArcGIS Online, enabling data discovery opportunities for colleagues and other researchers.

Using GeoPlanner for ArcGIS for Marine Spatial Planning
Learn to use GeoPlanner for ArcGIS to make location-driven decisions by bringing geodesign into ocean use planning workflows. From project creation and data management to comparing design alternative and preparing reports, you can learn to manage your planning process more efficiently. In this full-day workshop, geodesign basics will be covered by the product team, and participants will learn how they can begin to incorporate their organization's data into marine spatial planning requirements and processes.

Keith VanGraafeiland, GISP
Product Engineer | Ocean Content Lead
ESRI, Inc., 380 New York Street, Redlands, CA 92373
Phone: (909) 793-2853 Ext. 6601
Mobile: (909) 663-4707
Email: kvangraafeiland at esri.com<mailto:kvangraafeiland at esri.com>