[gis_info] 2015 Cartography Symposium by the Sea - Friday 9/25, Newport

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Sep 17 09:38:48 PDT 2015

Hi all,

The Central Coast GIS Users Group
(http://www.orurisa.org/2015_Cartography_Symposium) is pleased to
invite you to the 2015 Cartography Symposium by the Sea on Friday,
September 25th at the Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, OR
from 8:30-4:30.   Register here:
https://ccgisug2015cartography.eventbrite.com

Presenters from UofO, ESRI and other organizations will cover a
variety of different guidelines and principles to help make your maps
the envy of all your friends.  We all know a great map when we see it,
but what are the principles behind making a good map yourself?  GIS
has changed map making from a time honored handmade labor, to mass
producing large, data filled maps in minutes.This all-day symposium
will introduce you to the basic principles of cartography (map
making), guidelines you can follow for nearly every map,  and tips and
tricks for making your map fabulous.  More details, including a draft
agenda, are available on the symposium website
(http://www.orurisa.org/2015_Cartography_Symposium).

Lunch and snacks are included in the registration fee ($35).  If this
registration fee is difficult for you, please contact us for alternate
options. In an effort to reduce waste we will not be providing
individual bottled water this year. Please consider bringing a
reusable water bottle or other container for drinking water during the
symposium. We will also have cups available in case you forget. Thank
you!

Also, please forward this link to anyone you think may be interested;
this symposium is open to all interested. We look forward to seeing
you there.

Even if you can't make the symposium, please be sure to join us
afterwards (~4:30) for pints and dining (Rogue Ales Bayfront Public
House, 748 SW Bay Blvd, Newport, OR 97365)!  Please feel free to
contact us with any questions.

Thanks!
CCGISUG 2015 Symposium Committee