[gis_info] photogrammetry practices

John L. Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:01:23 PST 2018

Greetings.

I just joined the list.  I recently moved to Salem, OR, from Napa, CA. I
work for Oracle Corporation
working in the area of supporting our XML documentation creation,
management, and delivery.

GIS is an outside-of-work area for me, but I am fascinated with it and
believe its potential is just
starting to be harnessed.

I'm interested in photogrammetry
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry
and the creation of 3D models for use
within SketchUp and GoogleEarth.  Has any worked in the area and be willing
to identify their tool chain and resources.

I'm planning on taking an open-source approach, if possible.

Trying out https://colmap.github.io/index.html at the moment.

Is there a good way to search through the archives of this list? I tried
Google with the search
parameter "gis_info" hoping to qualify results associated with this
mailing list and nothing was returned.

Thank you for your time reading this.

John

--