[gis_info] photogrammetry practices

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Jan 26 16:24:33 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 4:01 PM, John L. Poole <jlpoole56 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I just joined the list.  I recently moved to Salem, OR, from Napa, CA. I
> work for Oracle Corporation
> working in the area of supporting our XML documentation creation,
> management, and delivery.

Welcome!

> GIS is an outside-of-work area for me, but I am fascinated with it and
> believe its potential is just
> starting to be harnessed.
>
> I'm interested in photogrammetry
>      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry
> and the creation of 3D models for use
> within SketchUp and GoogleEarth.  Has any worked in the area and be willing
> to identify their tool chain and resources.
>
> I'm planning on taking an open-source approach, if possible.

You might be interested in the local OSGeo chapter, they have monthly
meetings in Portland.  Or you can use the email list here,
http://groups.google.com/group/pdx-osgeo

> Trying out https://colmap.github.io/index.html at the moment.

I'm not familiar with this.  There are some open source
structure-from-motion softwares.
https://opendronemap.github.io/odm/pages/about.html could be a good
starting point.

Best regards, Eli