[gis_info] NWGIS 2018 Conference - Early registration ends October 5th

Davis, Linda Linda.Davis at idwr.idaho.gov
Thu Oct 4 16:16:47 PDT 2018

The 33rd annual Northwest GIS User Group Conference is in Bremerton WA, October 29-November 1st

Conference Registration: Early registration ends October 5, 2018 - price increases by $50 on October 6 - https://nwgis.org/2018/registration

Call for Presentations: Thank you for all of you who have submitted abstracts for user presentations - we have a few more slots open. Please submit asap: https://nwgis.org/2018/talks-maps-and-apps

Agenda
Our agenda is shaping up and an updated draft agenda has been posted: https://nwgis.org/2018/agenda - Thank you for all of you who have submitted abstracts for user presentations. We are currently working on grouping together the presentations in coherent session offerings.  We planned to have a draft user presentations schedule next week.

Pre & Post Conference Workshops
This year we are hosting 8 pre-conference and 2 post-conference workshops - Sign up now to secure your spot: https://nwgis.org/2018/workshops <https://nwgis.org/2018/workshops>

Map and App Contest
Don't forget to submit your maps and apps to participate in the contest. It is a great way to show off your work. You can view the Web Apps and Story Map contest entries to date in this gallery. Submit your map posters, apps and story maps: https://nwgis.org/2018/talks-maps-and-apps

Exhibitors and Sponsors
Thanks to our vendor community for your great support. We have a great line up already (https://nwgis.org/2018/exhibitors & https://nwgis.org/2018/sponsors) - There are still a number of sponsorship opportunities and we do have a few more exhibitor spots available. Sign up now: https://nwgis.org/2018/vendors
Award Banquet and After Hours Social
Our Award Banquet and Social committee has fun activities planned out for us. As the Award Banquet will take place on Halloween (Wed Oct 31), we plan to have a costume contest. We will have a table with costume accessories available on Wed afternoon for attendees to make their own costume to participate in the costume contest. We will also run a trivia contest during our awards banquet. After the banquet, we will head out to the South Pacific Sports Bar for a Karaoke and Pool Tournament.