[gis_info] GIS Certification note

SMITH Cy * DAS Cy.SMITH at oregon.gov
Tue Oct 12 20:24:24 PDT 2021

I received the message below from my friend Tony Spicci, the Executive Director of the GIS Certification Institute:

Hey Folks,

I recently sat down with Daniel O'Donohue to talk about becoming a Certified GIS Professional.  The MapScaping Podcast is a weekly podcast featuring interesting people doing amazing work in the geospatial world.  The podcasts are fascinating and put together very well with a good article accompanying the actual podcast; I recommend checking them out.

I think the podcast came out pretty good, except I think I sound a little stiff and scripted.  You can find the podcast here<https://mapscaping.com/blogs/the-mapscaping-podcast/how-to-become-a-certified-gis-professional> or on Google Podcasts<https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9tYXBzY2FwaW5nLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s/episode/bWFwc2NhcGluZy5wb2RiZWFuLmNvbS9iYTRhNDVkMi1lYWYzLTNiNWUtOTdmYi1lNjZhMDk1N2ViNzg?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwjo-P_F9brzAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ> Apple Podcasts<https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/how-to-become-a-certified-gis-professional/id1452297085?i=1000537098851> Spotify<https://open.spotify.com/episode/3VmvFAZzn6ZAEBrrsmsqYW?si=s5Bfm-sKS7urdCw3otjQng&dl_branch=1> and pretty much all of the places that people listen to podcasts ;)

DanieI also published a blog podcast based on our conversation on our website mapscaping.com/blogs/the-mapscaping-podcast/...<https://mapscaping.com/blogs/the-mapscaping-podcast/how-to-become-a-certified-gis-professional>

Many folks still don't know about the GISCI!  Please help promote the podcast by spreading it to your networks!

Best Regards,

        - Tony

Anthony A. Spicci, GISP CGMP

Executive Director - GIS Certification Institute
701 Lee Street, Suite 960 Des Plaines, IL 60016 847.824.7768
tspicci at gisci.org<mailto:tspicci at gisci.org>
www.linkedin.com/in/tonyspicci<http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonyspicci>

[cid:image001.png at 01D5751C.F5818D60]
Cy Smith, GISP
Enterprise Information Services
Data Governance and Transparency|Geospatial Enterprise Office
(503)378-6066, http://gis.oregon.gov
"Ensuring user-friendly, reliable and secure state technology systems that serve Oregonians."