[gis_info] Visualizing Portland Area Home Values with R

Eric Pimpler eric at geospatialtraining.com
Wed May 11 11:23:26 PDT 2022

Many of our readers regularly work with U.S. Census data for mapping and
analysis purposes. Whether you work with these datasets every day or just
every now and then to create a map or graph you’ve no doubt discovered how
difficult it can be to decipher census table names, find the data you need,
download the data, and then create maps or perform analysis. The tidycensus
R package makes this workflow much easier.

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to getting up to speed
with the R programming language, but it’s well worth the investment. If
you’re already a Python programmer the learning curve is greatly simplified
since there are a lot of similarities between the two languages. In this
post we’ll examine how easy it is to create a variety of visualizations
related to Portland area home values using R with the tidycensus package.

Read the entire article.
<http://geospatialtraining.com/visualizing-portland-area-home-values-with-r/>

--
Eric Pimpler