[HistoricCemeteries] Cemetery Grant applications available now!

JZHHistSoc at aol.com JZHHistSoc at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 19:51:11 PDT 2009

I responded off list to the question or comment about the first white child
 born in Oregon.  According to a February 1844 Oregon Spectator  issue, the
newspaper reported the birth of the first white girl born in the  Oregon
Country to Philip and Mary Charlotte Foster on February 23, 1844.   She is
buried at Condon and was my great aunt.  Her parents are both buried  in the
Philip Foster Cemetery in Eagle Creek, Clackamas County, another of the
Oregon Historic Cemeteries.

Joanne Broadhurst

In a message dated 7/28/2009 2:18:36 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,