[HistoricCemeteries] Cemetery Grant applications available now!

Chet Williams cwill1950 at msn.com
Wed Jul 29 11:40:31 PDT 2009

More I read I wonder if we will ever know. There was some births that were never recorded that just by chance one of the babies could have been the first baby born. One of the babies may have been born on the trail just outside of Fort Umatilla.
We have a baby boy born just outside of the fort on the way to Yamhill. He was born in 1848 so I know he wasn't first baby born. But what am trying to say. Because he was born on the trail his birth was never recorded. How many babies born were never recorded.
Could some of the babies listed as the first baby born could have been listed for the county and through the years been changed as first baby born in Oregon.
Deep down I have a feeling we will never truly know.
Just my thought.
Deb