[HistoricCemeteries] Commission Meeting, Heritage Commission Survey, Cemetery Records Workshop Help!, Grant Workshops

Kuri Gill kuri.gill at state.or.us
Mon Feb 1 07:57:59 PST 2010

OREGON COMMISSION ON HISTORIC CEMETERIES TO MEET IN BROWNSVILLE

The OCHC will meet in Brownsville on Friday, March 5, 1:00pm. The meeting will be at the Brownsville Public Library, 146 Spaulding Ave.

Learn about the Commission's project and plans and share information and ideas.

Take some time to check out the Linn County Historical Museum which opens at 11:00 and the many great shops and cafes.

There will be a tour of the Brownsville Pioneer Cemetery following the meeting.

HERITAGE COMMISSION SURVEY
If you haven't taken the survey yet, please do so. The Heritage Commission will actually be using this information in making a plan to strengthen Oregon's heritage efforts. Click on the link, then scroll down to the cemetery survey. Thank you! http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/HCD/OHC/assess_main.shtml

CEMETERY RECORDS WORKSHOP - HELP!
The workshop will be in Brownsville on Saturday, March 6, 9-4:30 at the Brownsville Public Library, 146 Spaulding Ave. The workshop will cover how to preserve and organize paper records and we will discuss the various options for electronic records. If you have experience with a software program - good or bad - please let me know the name of the program, a website if possible, and your review. I truly appreciate your help on this one!

Contact Kuri Gill to share information or register. (503) 986-0685, Kuri.Gill at state.or.us

GRANT WORKSHOPS
Designing Projects for Successful Grants Workshop

February 24 - 1-3pm North Mall Office Building, 725 Summer St. NE, Salem in room 124A.

March 1 - 1-3pm Online - Contact Kuri Gill to register and receive instructions (503) 986-0685, Kuri.Gill at state.or.us

March 5 - 9-11am Brownsville Public Library, 146 Sapulding Ave, Brownsville.

Kuri Gill
Historic Cemeteries Program  & CLG Coordinator
725 Summer St. NE, Suite C
Salem, OR 97301-1266
(503) 986-0685
(503) 986-0793 (fax)