[Jog] Research to Practice Conference: Exercise, Diet, and Obesity: Improving Health Across the Age Span

Jennifer L YOUNG Jennifer.L.Young at state.or.us
Fri Oct 24 12:56:50 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,
I'm forwarding this informaiton from a collegue at the Oregon Research Institute.  Looks like an interesting workshop focusing on study results from obesity prevention and eating disorder prevention programs as well as data from studies on physical activity with younger and older populations.
Jennifer

Good morning, I am writing to let you know of a one day workshop/educational conference that you and your friends or colleagues are invited to attend. It is the sixth annual Research to Practice Conference, which is our opportunity to share the results of our scientific research with the people that will really use it. This year's program is titled: Exercise, Diet, and Obesity: Improving Health Across the Age Span. It features informative sessions including an overview of programs to prevent eating disorders and obesity, ways to improve physical activity in people young and old, and a demonstration of alternative-based exercises for adults and older adults. It will be held Friday, November 21, from 9 am to 4 pm at Oregon Research Institute (ORI) in Eugene (1715 Franklin Boulevard, Eugene OR, 97403). There is a nominal fee of $40 for the program, which includes a coffee reception during morning check-in, a Mediterranean-lifestyle inspired lunch, and the conference packet.

There is a web site dedicated to the conference where you can learn more information and register (pre-registration is required so I know how much food to order). Please go to www.ori.org <http://www.ori.org/>  to find out more about ORI and then select the link for Upcoming Conference, or go directly to the conference site at http://www.ori.org/RTPConference/goals.html <http://www.ori.org/RTPConference/goals.html> .

We have room for 80 people and I'm just now announcing this event. Please help me advertise by forwarding this email invitation to anyone whom you feel could be interested. Also, let me know if you would like a hard copy (or copies) of the conference brochure, and how many, and I'll send you some right away. I would be delighted for you to put some of the brochures in your reception area, hallway, or office, so the announcement can reach as many folks as possible.

Thank you so much. Let me know if you have questions.

~Karen

ORI is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to studying human behavior and developing programs to improve the health and well being of individuals, families and communities worldwide.

Karen Bangle

Administration & Events

Oregon Research Institute

1715 Franklin Boulevard