[kids-lib] New Book to Check Out: The Correct Scott King Awards

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Aug 10 13:50:45 PDT 2009

The following new title is available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library. If you would like to request this or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us or (fax) 503-588-7119.  Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos).  Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way.

Smith, H.M.(Ed.). (2009). The Coretta Scott King Awards: 1970-2009 (4th ed.). Chicago, IL: American Library Association.
Coinciding with the fortieth anniversary of the Coretta Scott King Award, this one-of-a-kind volume gathers together the best of the best in African American children's literature with

.Comprehensive coverage of the award winning books
.Biographical profiles that introduce the creative artists and illustrators
.Color plates that give a vital sense of the story and art
.A new subject index ideal for curriculum planning

In honor of the special anniversary, celebrated poet Arnold Adoff has written a commemorative poem, "of course," included in this book. Excellent for curriculum planning, collection development, and reference, this is a must-have for every library.
Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog (http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/) to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog (http://oregon.gov/OSL/index.shtml) for our complete holdings.

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528