[kids-lib] A visit from the real D.W. (Marc Brown's sister)
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Aug 17 14:29:30 PDT 2010
Hello! I just received the following email from Kim Brown, the sister inspiration for Arthur's sister D.W. She is going to be in Oregon in October and is hoping to book some library and/or school visits while she is here. Below are the details. This is not an endorsement, please make sure this is an appropriate event for you library and community.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
From: Kim Brown [mailto:dwrules2000 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 1:00 PM
To: Katie Anderson
Subject: A VISIT FROM THE REAL D.W. ! MARC BROWN'S SISTER
I am Kim Brown, Marc Brown's sister, and the inspiration for his character, D.W. I have been presenting at schools and libraries for 13 years.
I am planning a tour in Oregon the week of October 25th, 2010. I will be paying all my own travel expenses so this is the time to take advantage of this unique learning experience.
My fee is $300 per presentation with a maximum audience of approximately 200. I can do up to 4 presentations in a day. Below is a brief outline about my presentation. Feel free to call or write with any questions at 308-238-3552.
I would appreciate it if you would share this information with media specialists and librarians in your area. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kim Brown aka D.W.
A VISIT FROM THE REAL D.W. !
1. I share some childhood memories. I also explain how most of the characters are based on real people, from our family or our neighborhood.
2. I have a question and answer session.
3. A power point presentation, sharing everything from family photos to where Marc lives and works. It also includes, Arthur in the Macy's Day parade and a review on how Marc writes a book.
4. I read a D.W. book on power point.
5. I show how Marc illustrates a book using original rough sketches to the color proof from the publisher.
6. We all draw Arthur together using a simple 8 step formula.
7. All the children get a Marc Brown autographed stamp with their favorite character on their drawing or book as a special keepsake.
Arthur costume available for shipping fees only!!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib