[kids-lib] CLEL Announces 2014 Bell Picture Book Award Shortlists
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Dec 26 12:03:18 PST 2013
Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL) announces the shortlists for the 2014 CLEL Bell Picture Book Awards! The Bell Awards were created this year to recognize picture books that provide excellent support of early literacy development in young children. On the shortlists are 25 titles published in 2013, five books in each of five categories representing an early literacy practice: Read, Write, Sing, Talk, and Play. CLEL will announce the winning titles, one from each category, on February 5, 2014.
· Again by Emily Gravett (New York: Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2013)
· I’m Not Reading by Jonathan Allen and illustrated by Suzy Lee (London: Boxer Books. New York: Distributed in the United States and Canada by Sterling Publishing, 2013)
· Open This Little Book by Jesse Kausmeier, illustrated by Suzy Lee (San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 2013)
· Open Very Carefully: A Book With Bite by Nick Bromley and illustrated by Nicola O’Byrne (Somerville, MA: Nosy Crow, 2013)
· The Story of Fish and Snail by Deborah Freedman (New York: Viking Juvenile, 2013)
· Henri’s Scissors by Jeanette Winter (San Diego: Beach Lane Books, 2013)
· The Line by Paula Bossio (Toronto: Kids Can Press, 2013)
· Monsters Love Colors by Mike Austin (New York: HarperCollins Children’s Books, 2013)
· My First Touch and Trace: First ABC by Tiger Tales (Wilton, CT: Tiger Tales, 2013)
· The Things I Can Do by Jeff Mack (New York: Roaring Brook Press, 2013)
· Lullaby (For a Black Mother) by Langston Hughes , illustrated by Sean Qualls (Boston: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 2013);
· Marc Brown’s Playtime Rhymes by Marc Brown (New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2013);
· Maria Had a Little Llama/María Tenía Una Llamita by Angela Dominguez (New York: Henry Holt and Co., 2013);
· Nighty-Night, Cooper by Laura Numeroff, illustrated by Lynn Munsinger (Boston: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 2013);
· Sing by Joe Raposo, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld (New York: Henry Holt and Co., 2013).
· Diggers Go by Steve Light (San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 2013)
· I Like Berries, Do You? by Marjorie Pitzer (Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House, 2013)
· Moo! by David LaRochelle illustrated by Mike Wohnoutka (New York: Walker Books for Young Readers, 2013)
· Rain by Linda Ashman illustrated by Christian Robinson (Boston: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 2013)
· Which is Round? Which is Bigger? by Mineko Mamada (Toronto: Kids Can Press, 2013).
· Hooray Parade by Barbara Joose, illustrated by Hyewon Yum (New York: Viking Juvenile, 2013)
· Niño Wrestles the World by Yuyi Morales (New York: Roaring Brook Press, 2013)
· Wiggle by Taro Gomi (San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 2013)
· Windblown by Édouard Manceau (Toronto: Owlkids Books, 2013)
· The World is Waiting for You by Barbara Kerley (Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Children’s Books, 2013).
To be eligible for the 2014 Bell Awards, a book must have been published for the first time in the United States between January 1, 2013 and November 15, 2013.
For more information, visit the CLEL Bell Awards webpages (http://www.clel.org/content/bell-awards), where you can see the full 2014 nominations list, view the award selection criteria, or learn about the Silver Bells, an honor list of titles from the last 25 years. If you have questions, you may contact the Selection Committee at clelbellawards at gmail.com<mailto:clelbellawards at gmail.com>.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib