[kids-lib] Ezra Jack Keats Minigrants Available => Applications Due March 15th

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Feb 5 12:04:23 PST 2013

http://www.ezra-jack-keats.org/minigrant-program/
http://www.ezra-jack-keats.org/pr-call-for-ejk-mg/

"Public education is one of the greatest legacies of our country, one that benefits children from every walk of life. For Keats, it was at public school that he received his greatest encouragement to pursue his vocation as an artist. And the public library was a haven that introduced him to the wonders of art history.

To offer a similar experience to new generations, the Ezra Jack Keats Foundation created a funding initiative called Minigrants, through which awards of $500 are given to public schools and public libraries for projects that foster creative expression, working together and interaction with a diverse community. They also represent an opportunity for educators, whose efforts are often inadequately funded or recognized, to create special activities outside the standard curriculum and make time to encourage their students."

For more information, including the grant application and examples of outstanding Minigrant programs, click on the first link above.

Thanks to Maureen Milton at Arbor School for sending me information about this grant opportunity.

Thanks,
Jen
Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)