[kids-lib] New Librarian Meetup - October

Taylor Worley youthlib.taylor at creswell-library.org
Mon Sep 30 20:38:31 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone!

So we had a lovely time discussing libraries and the like at our first
meetup, and we would like to make it a regular thing. So, our next meetup
with be Monday, October 28th at 5:30pm at Ike Box in Salem. (299 Cottage
Street) I suspect we will change locations in November, but for now we will
repeat.

To give everyone an idea, we spent our time in a very loose question/answer
or topic/share format. We chatted until roughly 7:30 but we don't have a
specific time allottment in mind. Because of the nature of our group, we
focused on children and teen services but would be very interested to talk
with librarians in all areas and with varying amounts of experience. Please
don't feel like you need to be there at 5:30, we are pretty much guaranteed
and hour and a half of conversation and would love to see as many of you as
possible, even if it is only for 15 minutes.

If the wise librarians out there have anything you would like to share with
the new members of the professional community, please email me at
youthlib.taylor at creswell-library.org and I will share it with the group at
our next meetup.

Finally, I am going to reserve us a room at Ike Box that allows for a fair
number of people, but if you know you will be able to attend send a note my
way so I can make sure we aren't sardines. If you want to come early, I
will be there by 5:00 at the latest.

Thanks! Let me know if there are any questions, Cheers!

Talyor Worley

--
Taylor Worley | Youth & Community Services Librarian, Creswell Library