[kids-lib] OLA CSD Guidelines

Heather McNeil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Wed Oct 14 11:40:14 PDT 2015

For the past year a committee has been working on revising and updating the guidelines for children's services.  Previously, they were Youth Services Guidelines, created in 1998; now they are specifically geared toward Children's Services.  The first draft of the new guidelines are attached, and we are hoping for feedback from all of you on what we missed or what could be improved.  Please read over the guidelines, and then complete the survey (link below) where you can make suggestions.

As you review the guidelines, there are two important facts to consider.  First, these guidelines should be relevant for all sizes of libraries, so please think of small, medium and large libraries, not just the size of library where you work.  Second, we made the assumption that libraries are already following the standards of the Public Library Division's Guidelines, so we did not repeat what they covered, such as ADA compliance.

You will find the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CSDGuidelines.  You can also contact a committee member, if you have additional questions:

Heather McNeil, heatherm at deschuteslibrary.org<mailto:heatherm at deschuteslibrary.org>
Katie Anderson,  katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>
Danielle Jones, daniellej at multco.us<mailto:daniellej at multco.us>
Jeana McClure, mcclure.jeana at gmail.com<mailto:mcclure.jeana at gmail.com>

Thank you for your attention to these guidelines, and we look forward to your recommendations!

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
(541) 617-7099