[kids-lib] REFORMA Oregon Chapter meeting at Sprinfield (5/7)

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Apr 18 09:30:25 PDT 2016

Forwarded on behalf of REFORMA Oregon.-Katie
________________________________
¡Buenos días, REFORMISTAS!

Just to remind you that in three weeks, Saturday, May 7, our REFORMA Oregon Chapter will have its meeting @ the Springfield City Library,  225 N 5th St, Springfield, OR 97477, from 10 to 4. Our host is Kristen Cure.
This is a very important meeting and we need your presence! Candidates for the one year position of Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary will be elected after nominations.
We need quorum to proceed and we'll also consolidate committees (some of them are going to change their membership, others have to be formed, and we will also need a representative of our REFORMA Oregon Round Table in OLA), plan future activities and make a balance of the last year and a half, since our chapter was created.
You'll find attached the last minutes and next week, after the OLA Conference, I'll be sending you the agenda.
During the OLA Pre-Conference, REFORMA Oregon, will present ¡Bienvenidos a la biblioteca!: Outreach and Engagement with Latino and Spanish Speaking Populations in Your Community. This is a great chance to hear the experience of librarians working with this community, the history of why REFORMA Oregon Chapter was created and to share and work together ways for outreach.
Los esperamos,

Martín
Ps: I'll be sending the agenda for next meeting in Springfield next week.

Martín Blasco
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Youth Services Program
Washington County Cooperative Library Services | 503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>
President, REFORMA Oregon Chapter

"Ordenar bibliotecas es ejercer de un modo silencioso el arte de la crítica".
"To sort libraries is, in a silent way, to exercise the art of criticism."
Jorge Luis Borges