[kids-lib] Pura Belpré Award

tanenz at comcast.net tanenz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 09:47:08 PST 2016

Thank you Martín for your quick update to us. Determining eligibility of
author and/or illustrator can be very tricky. I see "The Smoking Mirror,"
written by David Bowles wasn’t even on our radar. The ALA committee really
needs to have a wide net to consider contenders. Nonetheless we did a great
job, and maybe were the only group to do and post a Mock Pura Belpré.

Saludos,

Hope