[kids-lib] Library Internship opportunity at KairosPDX

Danielle Jones jones.danielle.jones at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:48:33 PDT 2018

 Please excuse the cross posting, but I wanted this opportunity to get to
as wide an audience as possible:

KairosPDX is a non-profit organization focused on delivering excellent,
equitable education to underserved children, their families and their
communities. Through innovative pedagogy, community collaboration and
family partnership we are closing Portland’s persistent achievement and
opportunity gaps in measurable and sustainable ways. Our mission is to
eliminate the prolific racial achievement and opportunity gaps by
cultivating, confident, creative, compassionate, leaders.

The Kairos K-5th grade school has a small library. We would love to have
someone volunteer on an ongoing basis to help organize our collection
and/or work with students on library skills. We currently have two parent
volunteers but no librarian. This could be a great opportunity for someone
interested in or pursuing a library degree to get practical experience!
Schedule is flexible. Background check is required.

Contact careers at kairospdx.org if you are intersted and put “Library
Internship” in the subject line.

--
Danielle Jones
*Oregon Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor *

*YALSA 2019 Printz Award Committee*

*ALSC Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Task Force*
*Teen and youth librarian at Multnomah County Library*

*My pronouns are she, her, hers**twitter @daniellebookery*