[kids-lib] Friday, August 21st Links to School Support Webinars Aug 25th and Sept 1st

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Fri Aug 21 13:38:46 PDT 2020

Hello everybody,

It's been a strangely muggy week over here in Salem. I hope you're staying cool in your neck of the woods.  The zucchini at least, are happy about all the heat and it's that time at my house where we are still-happy-to-be-eating-a-lot-of-zucchini-about-to-run-out-of-recipes moment. :)

If you're working on supporting schools and learners right now, here are two great opportunities to learn more about State Library electronic resources with my colleague Jen Maurer, in lieu of my regular office hours. These are free but you must register! Description: Do you have questions about what OSLIS<https://www.oslis.org/> is and offers, and about how to navigate the website? Are you familiar with the resources available to support Gale K-12 users? Wondering how to support schools during distance learning? Get some answers and ideas during the OSLIS and K-12 Gale overviews with Jen Maurer, School Library Consultant. Each session will be recorded.

OSLIS Highlights for Supporting K-12 Students and Families => August 25th at noon - Register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0kf-GrrjwpGNAXznJW4gSO40Ev99vTHlEE

Gale Highlights for Supporting K-12 Students and Families => September 1st at noon - Register Here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tduqgpjktHNBIO92xR61uwzs1-LqV0TyN

I hope you get a chance to rest over this weekend and perhaps read something you enjoy. I just finished Elizabeth's Acevedo's Clap When You Land and wow, she gets better and better with every book. If you like novels in verse, try that one!

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D677C0.D0D14490]