[kids-lib] Closed captioning services?

Natasha Forrester Campbell natashaf at multcolib.org
Tue Dec 29 09:15:50 PST 2020

Hi Oregon library folk serving youth!

We've been doing closed captioning on our storytime and other library
videos and keeping up as best as we can, but recent changes to YouTube's
captioning process has made this considerably more challenging! We're
trying to be more mindful and purposeful in making the videos accessible,
so does anyone have recommendations and experience working with any
captioning services we could contract with to make the process more
seamless and take some of the work off our staff?

Thank you in advance!

*Natasha (Tasha) Forrester Campbell *(she/her or they/them)
*Youth Librarian, MLS*
Multnomah County Library - Hollywood location
My temporary schedule for the time being: Monday - Friday, 8:30am-5pm
503-988-4598
multcolib.org

Multnomah County is sited upon the ancestral homelands
<https://native-land.ca/> of the Multnomah, Mollala, Kathlamet, Chinook,
Clackamas, Tualatin Kalapuya and many other Indigenous Nations. These
Nations have become the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
<https://www.grandronde.org/>, the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
<http://ctsi.nsn.us/>, as well as the Chinook Nation
<http://www.chinooknation.org/> and Cowlitz Nation
<https://www.cowlitz.org/> in Washington State. Land acknowledgements
recognize and respect the enduring relationship that Indigenous People have
with their traditional homelands. The effects of colonization can still be
felt today and land acknowledgements are a small step down the path of
repair, reconciliation and cultural revitalization.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>