[kids-lib] Closed captioning services?

MAURER Jennifer * SLO Jennifer.MAURER at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Dec 30 08:50:42 PST 2020

Hi,

In late October, there was a thread about that on Kids-Lib (see bottom of this archive page<https://omls.oregon.gov/pipermail/kids-lib/2020-October/thread.html>) and Libs-Or (search for “caption” on this archive page<https://omls.oregon.gov/pipermail/libs-or/2020-October/thread.html>). Basically folks mentioned or recommended YouTube, Zubtitle, Camtasia, and 3Play Media.

I recommended 3Play Media<https://www.3playmedia.com/> based on the work we did with them to get closed captioning files and transcripts in English, and then have them translated into Spanish, for the Learn to Research video tutorials on OSLIS. Once we figured out their process, we thought they were easy to work with. You can’t get a price quote without first providing some contact info. After that, you get assigned an account rep to ask questions of. Once the work begins, files are added to your account as they are completed. Then you download the format for the files you need and upload them where needed. (Or, that’s how we did it, anyway.)

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant, State Library of Oregon
NEW: jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
Coronavirus info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus