[kids-lib] Vote for the last book on the OBOB lists!

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Mon Mar 16 07:57:16 PDT 2020

>From Courtney Snyder, OBOB Title Chair:

As the OBOB Title Chair, during previous OBOB State Tournaments—I set up a bracket play to determine the favorite OBOB book in each division and I also manage the student title vote.
The 2020 OBOB State Tournament has been cancelled but I am adapting these two portions as best I can.

>From now until March 29th I will be posting the bracket play for each division.

Round One will run from March 12th to March 16th

Round Two will run from March 17th to March 19th

Round Three will run from March 20th to March 24th

Round Four will run from March 25th to March 27th

The rules for favorite OBOB book bracket play (which are the same "rules" I have for State, this is mostly just for fun folks!):

Any participant from student to coach to parent to other volunteers who have read at least half the list may vote.

You may only vote once per round.

Please go to this link:  https://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/favorite-titles-of-2019-2020-bracket-play/

After that, I will be posting a vote for the last title on each of the divisions. This voting process is for students only, it is their vote, their pick. Any student who participated in OBOB during the 2019-2020 season will be allowed to vote on the student vote. Each student will receive one vote.

The voting process will be open from March 30th to April 3rd and I will announce the winners on April 4th. It will also be a Google form.

OBOB is going to give away a copy of each title for the 2020-2021 season. The winners of the books will be randomly selected from the votes I receive on the student vote. All a student has to do to be placed in the drawing is fill out the name and address line at the end of the student vote form. That will be 44 books given out to 44 students. The title they receive will correlate to the division they will be in next year but otherwise it will be random.

Please do not expect this to be the new normal! This is a special exception to the process due to our extenuating circumstances this year.

Courtney Snyder OBOB Title Chair