[kids-lib] Friday, April 16th Shoutout to 18 Oregon libraries

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Apr 16 14:57:45 PDT 2021

Hello everybody,

I can't believe it's already the afternoon, this week has flown by! I'm really looking forward to seeing many of you virtually next week at the OLA conference. Especially given this week's events, with so much violence and the tragic loss of more young men of color, I am glad we are working toward addressing how we as libraries can be more accessible, practice being inclusive, and work towards equity. I am looking forward to learning and working together.

Switching gears a bit for a shoutout: I want to give a big shoutout to some of our small and rural folks - 18 Oregon libraries are among the 517 libraries<http://www.ala.org/tools/librariestransform/libraries-transforming-communities/focusgrants/libraries#round%201%20recipients> funded by ALA's  Focus on Small and Rural Communities - A few were announced back in January, but I am happy to see this week's list with even more of you on it - I can't wait to hear more! Thank you all for continuing to keep going in this still very challenging time. We appreciate you over here.

Thanks to all of you for working this week to get your community's information needs met. I hope you are able to take some time out this weekend to do something that brings you joy, even if it's just taking a quick walk or sitting in the sun.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]