[kids-lib] Friday, December 10th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Dec 10 16:41:43 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

It's the time of year for mock awards that remind us of all the amazing stories we get to connect kids, teens, and family readers with. Just in case you missed the first Mock Caldecott<https://www.csdola.org/mock.html> session this week, you can still sign up for Part Two in January, when we'll be talking about the books! Shoutouts to Alec Chunn at Tualatin Public Library, and Taylor Worley at Springfield, for sharing their expertise yesterday, and to Stephanie Goodwin and Molly Sloan for coordinating these virtual sessions.

Also, the OYAN Mock Printz<https://www.olaweb.org/oyan-mock-printz-workshop> is coming up in January, shoutout to Sonja Somerville for planning and implementing there. This year's booklist is pretty awesome if you need something good to read!

Reforma is taking a well-deserved break from hosting the mock Pura Belpré Awards<https://reformaoregon.weebly.com/mock-pura-belpreacute.html> after all their hard work with the national conference this year, but I'm definitely missing that one. If you're also missing it, you may enjoy the 2021 Pura Belpré 25th Anniversary Celebración<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUDYXshq6E> hosted by ALSC this past June.

Have a great weekend, I hope you are reading something good!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]