[kids-lib] Friday, December 17th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Dec 17 14:39:00 PST 2021

Happy Friday, folks,

Today's shoutout goes out to Junction City, which like so many libraries in Oregon, is a little library with a big heart. This community announcement<https://www.facebook.com/JunctionCityLibrary/posts/4602059739874431> about how Junction City is changing some collection items speaks to how important it is to communicate changes with the families we are serving. It's so helpful to be clear about what you are doing and why, and how your changes will make a difference.

It's a busy time of year and we are really getting into winter, with sobering news of the omicron variant heading Oregon's way. I am looking forward to attending a backyard baby goat party tomorrow, because baby goats are the ridiculousness we all could use about now. I hope you are able to find something baby goat-like this weekend to laugh at. And I hope the next couple weeks offer you a chance to find joy with your neighbors and families, and the opportunity to reflect on all the positive work you have done this year. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]