[kids-lib] Friday, June 4th Shoutout & Summer Reading

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jun 4 10:43:54 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Today I want to shoutout Jennifer Costley at Pendleton, for starting the work of a Rural Library Network Fellowship for the next 24 months<https://www.eastoregonian.com/community/news/pendleton-library-director-chosen-for-fellowship/article_716d9658-c345-11eb-8c4c-5f076a1b8e11.html> - She is one of 22 librarians across the country selected for this fellowship to work towards 3rd grade reading outcomes through Berea College's IMLS funding. It is really exciting to see this happening in Pendleton!

Many of you have started some kind of Summer Reading and I'm so looking forward to hearing about how it's going! I know it's still a strange time. We continue to appreciate over here the way you're making things work for your library and your community in new and different ways that still help kids get reading. Thanks for all you are doing today!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]