[kids-lib] Curious about ALSC? Free Virtual Open House Monday, June 21st at 1pm

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Jun 8 09:40:36 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

We have some pretty awesome Association for Library Service to Children members in Oregon who would like me to forward this invitation to you - please attend if you're interested in learning more about what opportunities ALSC offers to library staff serving kids!

Best,

Greta

INVITE:

Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) Open House 2021
Monday, June 21st at 3pm CT

>From creative programming to continuing education and professional connections-ALSC members are innovators in the field of children's library service. This virtual open house will be an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the organization and get firsthand accounts on what it's like to serve on ALSC committees! Attendees will have an opportunity to hop around into different breakout rooms and learn more about the different priority areas of ALSC and how to get involved, both through appointed committee work and standalone volunteer opportunities. Register here<https://ala-events.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0kcOqrrj0uEt2uWlEQkJQcXTlDRTtKCF-d> for this fun and informative event.

If you are a prospective member, new member, or a seasoned member looking to connect with fellow ALSC members, this open house is for you!

Live captioning will be available and there will be breakout rooms. If you require a captioner to be present in a breakout room you join, please contact Elly Serrano at eserrano at ala.org<mailto:eserrano at ala.org> by June 7, 2021. If you require another access service to fully participate or have any questions about accessibility, please contact Elly Serrano at eserrano at ala.org<mailto:eserrano at ala.org> by June 7, 2021.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Abby Johnson at amjohnson at gmail.com<mailto:amjohnson at gmail.com>

--
Abby Johnson, Collection Development Leader
The Floyd County Library