[kids-lib] Wednesday, Nov 24th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Nov 24 14:00:02 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

I was so excited to see the Rogue Reads project coming out of Jackson County for the next few months: https://www.facebook.com/jclibraryservices/posts/10159699664104938 , especially for including We Are Water Protectors and Indian No More for our younger readers - such a great way to model developmentally appropriate reading! Kids CAN talk about deep things and participate in conversations in ways that help us all move forward together.

I'm grateful for all the ways you are engaging your communities in discussion and learning. I know the pandemic is still with us and we are all still figuring out how to move along in the new normal. Thanks for doing this with grace and care for your communities and readers. Have a good rest of your week.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]