[kids-lib] Friday April 1st Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Apr 1 14:53:16 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

No April Fool's Jokes here! I hope you are celebrating making it to Friday and the end of the week. It was really wonderful to see some actual faces in person at the PLA conference in Portland last week, I had some great takeaways!

I wanted to highlight school librarian Pia Alliende<https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/a-life-full-of-stories-redmond-librarian-amplifies-culture-diversity-in-schools/article_09c3d09a-abab-11ec-8997-8bcd475f4529.html> in this shoutout. Last week she was named 1 of 3 finalists for the School Librarian of the Year Award<https://www.slj.com/story/schoollibraries/building-a-second-home-for-students-pia-alliende-2022-school-librarian-of-the-year-finalist> from School Library Journal. We are lucky to have her here in Oregon - I know many of you work with other awesome school librarians and this is a good time to celebrate their work for our kids and families!

Have a great weekend.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]