[kids-lib] Saturday 1/22 Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Sat Jan 22 13:06:40 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be part of an interview panel because yet another one of our fabulous Oregon directors is retiring. Hearing panelists share gratitude for the things this person has done in their community got me thinking about how much work has been done before us to get us here today. I know we are in the midst of a challenging moment and time, I know some of us are feeling like we are so far from our goals and where we'd like to be, but I want to take a minute to shoutout the library staff who have come before us and all the work that was done to get libraries built in Oregon. Our state is so unique in it's funding and challenges getting library service to Oregonians, and it took a lot of hard work to get things going. Even though it's not perfect, we definitely owe gratitude to those who have done this work before we ever started, and I just wanted to call that out today.

Have a great rest of your weekend and keep on keeping on!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]