[Libs-Or] Database Marketing

Grant, Sharon Sharon.Grant at ci.corvallis.or.us
Thu Sep 25 11:43:23 PDT 2008

Midsized public library looking for a better way to market our
databases.

http://www.thebestlibrary.net

Currently, we do a rotating "spotlight" of a certain database on our
homepage, and feature databases in our bi-monthly print newsletter and
the annual letter we send out to schools.  We attend local community
fairs and have presented a few workshops.  We also have gotten some
bookmarks and other promotional materials from vendors that we display
in the library.  In addition our Catalog Librarian has cataloged our
databases and these now display in our OPAC.

We feel that our usage, especially considering the cost is not what we
would like it to be.  We are wondering if any public libraries have
developed a database marketing plan that could be shared with us. Also,
any ideas you tried that worked (or didn't) would also be most
appreciated.

Please feel free to either reply on or off list.

Sharon Grant
Adult Services Reference Librarian
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
Corvallis, OR   97330
sharon.grant at ci.corvallis.or.us

P.S. For those subscribed to Web4Lib and PubLib, please excuse the cross
posting.