[Libs-Or] Register by 9/30 for Early Bird Rate @ ACRL Oregon/Washington Fall Conference

Robin A. Paynter paynter at pdx.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:40:49 PDT 2008

*Early bird registration ends on Tuesday 9/30 !! *

*The Once & Future Catalog*

October 23-24, 2008

Menucha Retreat and Conference Center <http://www.menucha.org/>,
Corbett, Oregon

The library catalog is in a state of transition, as new products have
emerged to revolutionize the patron's experience in using this key
finding tool for our collections.   We will learn from libraries across
the country that have led the way in transforming their library
catalogs, as well as librarians from our region who can share their
experience with local next generation catalog options.  Please join your
colleagues for two days of interesting discussion, beautiful scenery,
and great company.

*Keynote speakers:*

    * Kristin Antelman, North Carolina State University (Endeca)
    * Tim Daniels, Georgia Public Library Service (Georgia Library PINES)
    * Terry Reese, Oregon State University (Regional issues and options
      with next generation library catalogs)

*Panel Discussion on WorldCat Local at University of Washington:*

    * Steve Shadle
    * Anne-Marie Davis
    * Kathleen Collins

*Registration*:*

ACRL-OR and ACRL-WA members:  $110

Non-members:  $125

Late registration: $135

*Registration includes: Thursday lunch, dinner, entertainment and
lodging, Friday breakfast, and snacks.

REGISTRATION FORM
<https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=44513>

--
Portland State University logo

*Robin Paynter*
Social Sciences Librarian
220D Library
Portland State University

503.725.4501
503.725.4524
paynter at pdx.edu
http://www.pdx.edu/library/paynter.html

"The fragmentation of rational knowledge in the postmodern world has
produced a focus on information that is unaware of its history." --
Marcus Breen (1997)