[Libs-Or] Call for Proposals - 2009 Student Success and Retention Conference

Robert Schroeder schroedr at pdx.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:59:55 PDT 2008

Colleagues - consider presenting at or attending this conference.
Roberta Richards, Sue Phelps and I did last year and it was fun mingling
with others involved with student success. The library is key to student
success and retention - we just need to get the word out! This is a
great place to discover other offices on campus that the library can
partner with.

Email me (Bob Schroeder schroedr at pdx.edu) if you have questions about
this conference, or if you want the official proposal form to fill out
(I didn't think I could email an attachment to the list).

> *CALL FOR PRESENTERS*
>
> *Student Success and Retention Conference:*
>
> *Access and Success for All*
>
> *Wednesday, February 4 & Thursday, February 5, 2009*
>
> *Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel*
>
> *                             Portland, Oregon*
>

> It's time to submit a proposal for a presentation at the 2009 Student
> Success and Retention Conference! This year's theme, "*Access and
> Success for All*", is your chance to share your exemplary program,
> project or partnership. This conference draws teams of Faculty,
> Student Services staff, and Administrators from Community Colleges,
> the Oregon University System (OUS), and independent colleges and
> universities throughout Oregon. This year's keynote speaker will be
> Dr. Kay McClenney, the Executive Director of the Community College
> Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE). It is an outstanding opportunity
> to come together to discuss common issues, achievements, and
> challenges related to student access and success.
>

> *Guidelines for Submission of a Proposal*
>
> Please complete the Conference Presentation Proposal Form, noting that:
>

> §  Proposals must be submitted electronically as an email attachment.
> Please send to wthielen at pcc.edu <mailto:wthielen at pcc.edu> by *Friday,*
> *November 7, 2008*.
>
> §  All sessions will be 75 minutes in length.
>
> §  Co-presentations by secondary, post-secondary partners and
> college/university partners are encouraged.
>
> §  Speakers/presenters should plan to provide sufficient copies (40
> each) of any handouts for the audience.
>
> §  Presenters who attend the conference must pay registration fee, but
> those presenters /only/ coming to present do not need to pay the
> registration fee.
>
> Speaker/presenter expenses _are not covered _by the conference: i.e.,
> conference registration, travel, or lodging.
>

> *Summary Review Process*
>
> You must submit your proposals by *Friday, November 7, 2008*.
>
> §  Members of the Student Success and Retention Conference Planning
> Committee will review all presentation proposals.
>
> §  The committee will try to accommodate all presentations according
> to the presenters' stated preferences, but may reassign presentations
> according to conference program needs.
>

> The Committee will use the following criteria for presentation
> proposal acceptance:
>
>     * Relevance to the conference theme and tracks
>     * Potential for engaging participants in meaningful discussion
>       through experiential learning techniques;
>     * Clarity of presentation proposal and participant learning
>       objectives;
>     * Adherence to submission instructions.
>
> * *
>
> *Notification of Acceptance*
>
> Speakers/presenters will receive a "Notification of Acceptance" on or
> before Friday, December 19, 2008.

Robert Schroeder
Reference Librarian & Coordinator of Information Literacy
Assistant Professor
Portland State University

503.725.4519 phone
503.725.4524 fax
schroedr at pdx.edu

P.O Box 1151
Portland OR 97207-1151

280F Millar Library

Support Collective Bargaining for Portland State University Faculty
Invest in Faculty
"Recruit, Respect, Retain"
Stay Informed @ http://www.psuaaup.net/cbupdates07.htm