[Libs-Or] Simple Bookends--Can't find 'em!

Martin, Greg gmartin at ci.wilsonville.or.us
Thu Dec 10 08:44:35 PST 2009

Hi All,

So, our library is looking for some really simple bookends, and having a great deal of trouble finding them. Thought we'd give the hive mind a try.

These are about the simplest bookends you can imagine. Just a piece of rectangular metal, bent 90 degrees, five inches or less in height. They should be really cheap, not 'Euro-style' expensive.

We need them for our DVD shelves, and the more common cheap bookends (with the tail) take up too much real estate there.

Three people here have, in succession said, "That's easy!", then scoured catalogs, looked on websites, and been utterly defeated in finding the things. Two of us used to own them, years ago. Please prove how dumb we all are.

A picture of the style we're looking for is available here. The picture comes from a German website. Not cheap:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ukobach/Bookends?feat=directlink

Thanks!

Greg Martin
Adult Services Librarian