[Libs-Or] OLA Legal Reference Round Table (LRRT) is Official!

Laura Orr Laura_Orr at co.washington.or.us
Thu Feb 12 11:18:19 PST 2009

Greetings:

A belated notice about the LRRT:

My petition to form an Oregon Library Association (OLA) Legal Reference Round Table (LRRT) was approved by the OLA Board on January 15, 2009.

Thank you to the more than 60 public and academic librarians who signed the petition (and to the Board for approving it)!

The full text of the LRRT Bylaws will be available soon at the OLA website (www.olaweb.org).  Here is a précis:

"The objectives of this organization [LRRT] shall be to provide a practical framework for information sharing, continuing education opportunities, professional interactions, and a support system to those library workers engaged in providing legal reference services in all types of Oregon libraries. This organization shall aim to share ideas, plan, and improve legal reference services in and among libraries and foster fellowship, cooperation, and professionalism among its members."

Any OLA member may join (there are no LRRT dues).  The inaugural Business Meeting of the Round Table will be at the 2009 Oregon Library Association Annual Meeting, April 2, 2009, 5:30-6:30 pm (Salem Convention Center - Crosian A).

After Legislative Day I will focus on preparing for the LRRT Business Meeting.  I think one can join Round Tables out-of-cycle (not just when you join or renew your OLA membership), but will confirm that - and find out how.  I have everything else to learn too about Round Tables so feel free to ask questions (or answer them :-)

Thank you.

Laura

Laura J. Orr

Law Librarian

Washington County Law Library

111 NE Lincoln St

Hillsboro, OR 97124

Phone: 503-846-8870

Fax: 503-846-3515

Email: laura_orr at co.washington.or.us <mailto:laura_orr at co.washington.or.us>

Oregon Legal Research Blog: oregonlegalresearch.blogspot.com