[Libs-Or] Onlince CE Course Announcement

Michele Spatz micheles at mcmc.net
Wed Jan 7 14:42:38 PST 2009

Announcing: Online version of Planning and Managing the Consumer Health
Library! I’m offering my Medical Library Association (MLA) CE Course,
“Planning and Managing the Consumer Health Library” on the internet
beginning January 19, 2009. This online course will run for 7 weeks,
ending on March 6, 2009. The course covers all aspects of planning and
managing either a consumer health library or consumer health information
service from a veteran in the field (I guess that’s me). The class is
interactive and because it is offered online via Moodle, you can do it
from the convenience of any desktop. The course is approved for 6.0 MLA
CE contact hours and the registration fee is $150. Here’s the blurb from
the MLA website: “If you are just beginning a consumer health service or
you have been providing service and feel something is missing, this
course is for you. Focus on planning and managing issues related to
providing consumer health services or operating a consumer health
library. Learn about needs assessment, costs and funding, business
plans, volunteer and paid staffing, collection development, policy
development, and public relations.” http://cech.mlanet.org/node/17
Offered: Jan, 19  * March 6, 2009. MLA Contact Hours: 6Fee: $150 To
register, follow this link:  http://www.mcmc.net/library/register.htm If
you prefer to pay by check, please contact the instructor directly.
Payment by check must be received by January 30, 2009. Thank you!All
best,Michele Michele Spatz, M.S., Director
Planetree Health Resource Center
of Mid-Columbia Medical Center
200 E. 4th St.
The Dalles, OR  97058
(phone) 541-506-6411 (fax) 541-296-6054
email: micheles at mcmc.net
Recently Published: Answering Consumer Health Questions...
http://www.neal-schuman.com/bdetail.php?isbn=9781555706326

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments)
is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
2510-2521, and is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying,
forwarding or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but
do not wish to receive communication through this medium, please
advise the sender immediately.