[Libs-Or] [Fwd: [alacoun] ALA members can evaluate, shape strategic plan through March 22]

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 12 12:11:09 PDT 2009

FYI,

Suzanne L. Sager
Oregon ALA Chapter Councilor

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[alacoun] ALA members can evaluate, shape strategic plan
through March 22
Date: 	Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:20:51 -0400
From: 	Lois Ann Gregory-Wood <lgregory at ala.org>
To: 	<alacoun at ala.org>

Contact: Mark Gould

Director

ALA Public Information Office

(312) 280-5042

mgould at ala.org <mailto:mgould at ala.org>

* *

*NEWS*

For Immediate Release

March 12, 2009

*/ALA members can evaluate, shape strategic plan through March 22/*

CHICAGO - There is  just a short time  for ALA members to evaluate and
shape ALA's strategic plan by participating in the 2015 member survey,
which closes March 22.

"This is one of the most important things an ALA member can do this
year. I want to encourage all ALA members to take a few minutes out of
their busy schedule and help evaluate and shape ALA's strategic plan.
The responses will remain confidential and help ALA evaluate its current
strategic plan, guide the development of future plans and help ALA
better meet the needs of all members. The last time we surveyed the
members, their feedback was instrumental in developing the 2010
strategic plan. We really need member input to provide us with impactful
and important information that will guide us in the future," said Jim
Rettig, ALA President.

Every five years, ALA conducts a major evaluation of programs and
services and plans for the future.

To see the 2010 strategic plan, go to
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/missionhistory/plan/index.cfm

A series of discussion forums will be held at state and regional
meetings in spring and fall 2009 to solicit additional feedback.

Members can go to http://www.ala.org/2015survey and log in using their
seven-digit ALA member number found on their membership card as well as
the mailing label of "American Libraries."

###

--
Portland State University logo

Suzanne L. Sager