[Libs-Or] "Across the Great Divide" - Special issues of OLAQ & the Interchange

Robert Schroeder schroedr at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:31:05 PDT 2009

"Across the Great Divide"

OLA is trying something unique for the December issue of the OLA
Quarterly. We are publishing a joint issue with the Oregon Association
of School Libraries. This collaboration will give us new insights into
our joint concerns.

All articles will be written jointly by a member of OASL and OLA. We
hope to cover a variety of topics. We need you to make this possible.

If you have ideas for articles and would like to contribute, please let
us know by April 3.  Just send a us short (1/2 page) synopsis of the
idea or program you'd like to showcase in your article. In your synopsis
explain how your article would showcase the collaborative nature and
mutual benefits of your program to both libraries . We would like most
of the articles to be co-written with librarians "on the other side", so
please also suggest a co-author for your article.

The deadline for articles is not until August, so you have plenty of
time to think, reflect, and collaborate. Writing for this expanded
audience will be an exciting endeavor and you can be a part of it. If
you have ideas for this issue or questions contact Robert Schoeder at
schroedr at pdx.edu or Ruth Murray at murrayr at pdx.edu .

Robert Schroeder
Reference Librarian & Coordinator of Information Literacy
Assistant Professor
Portland State University

503.725.4519 phone
503.725.4524 fax
schroedr at pdx.edu

P.O Box 1151
Portland OR 97207-1151

280F Millar Library

Support Collective Bargaining for Portland State University Faculty
Invest in Faculty
"Recruit, Respect, Retain"
Stay Informed @ http://www.psuaaup.net/cbupdates07.htm