[Libs-Or] Children's Services Division - Dark Days Ahead?

Rick Samuelson ricks at wccls.org
Wed Jun 16 08:53:14 PDT 2010

Hi gang,

Will tightening budgets and the stress of the economy be the end of
Oregon's Children's Services Division?  I certainly hope not.

CSD desperately needs a Chair-Elect to carry us into the future.

Have you benefitted from a Continuing Education experience at a CSD
workshop or conference program?
Have you appreciated having the interests of children and youth
librarians represented within your library association?
Has your summer reading program been made a little easier thanks to the
help and sharing of your peer network?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, please consider
nominating yourself or a colleague for CSD Chair-Elect.

CSD Chair-Elect will serve on the Program's Planning Committee for the
2011 OLA Conference.  I might mention that our division is sitting well,
financially.  This could be a great opportunity to help bring some
awesome programs to the Conference.

CSD Chair-Elect will become CSD Chair during the 2011-2012 OLA year.
This position requires attendance at 6-8 OLA Board meetings throughout
the year.  Please note, it is possible to participate in these meetings
via teleconference.. or, if cost is the huge issue, you may have a
portion of your travel expenses paid by the organization.  Please don't
let the difficulty of travel be the reason you hold back.  We will find
a way to make your participation as stress-free as possible.

If you want one reason why you should consider nominating yourself as
CSD Chair-Elect, here it is:
You will be the hero of scores of Oregon children who love libraries!

Thank you for your kind consideration.  Please contact me with
questions, or to throw your hat in the ring.

Best wishes,

Rick Samuelson, Youth Services Librarian
Chair - Children's Services Division of OLA
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
111 NE Lincoln, MS 58A
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(503) 648-9809   5#
ricks at wccls.org

"The clever men at Oxford
Know all that there is to be knowed.
But they none of them know one half as much
As intelligent Mr Toad!"
-Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows