[Libs-Or] History Project for Libraries & Students (2nd Try)

Jennifer Maurer maurer_jennifer at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Mar 30 12:05:24 PDT 2010

Students and libraries are invited to participate in a project related to the History Channel's multi-part series called America: The Story of Us.  The overview is in the email below, and the specifics are on History's website.

Website and Resources:  http://www.history.com/shows/classroom/articles/classroom-whats-new
            PDF for Library Contest:  http://www.history.com/images/media/pdf/History_LibraryContest_FIN.PDF
            PDF for Student Contest: http://www.history.com/images/media/pdf/HistoryStudentContest_FIN.PDF

Participating libraries must register, must have their media project or display accessible by April 30th, and will receive a DVD of the series and a related book (while supplies last).

Video projects from students must be postmarked no later than May 28th and will be judged in three categories: grades 6-8, grades 9-12, and ages 18-21.

FYI,
Jen

PS: Sorry if you got this announcement twice.  My initial email bounced back to me with a note that the attachments (not included here) made the file too big.

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Library Development
Oregon State Library