[Libs-Or] OYAN's 2011 OYEA! Winner --Anne Tran, MCL Midland branch

K'Lyn Hann klyn.hann at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Apr 13 12:03:00 PDT 2011

[cross-posted to libs-or, oyan listserv, & kids-lib]

Anne Tran, 2011 Recipient of the OYEA! (OYAN's Your Excellent Award!)

On Thursday, April 7, Anne Tran, bi-lingual Youth Librarian at Multnomah County Library's Midland branch, was honored for her work with teens at a reception held at the OLA Conference.  The OYEA! is awarded annually to "an individual . . . that has made a positive and significant contribution to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon."  The award includes a certificate, trophy and a $100 contribution to the teen library program of her choice.

Anne was nominated for having developed the largest teen council at MCL, for offering creative teen programs, and for her creative work on the MCL Teen Action Team.  Nominated by a colleague, Anne also received letters of support from three MID Teen Council members.  Teen Councilor, Cheryl Yee, said it all when she wrote,

"Anne deserves this award for loving her library, loving her volunteers, loving to read to children, and most importantly loving her job. I can't think of another person that truly deserves this award and I hope she can be recognized this year. I personally am graduating high school this year and one of the things I will miss is being part of Teen Council with a friend like Anne."

Congratulations, Anne!

[cid:136130219 at 13042011-107C]
Anne and her partner, Ben, at the OYAN/CSD business/reception