[Libs-Or] Interesting piece: “I’m sorry, but I can’t help you…”

Martha Flotten marthafl at multcolib.org
Tue Aug 2 09:32:01 PDT 2011

The publishing/collection aspect is a tough one, especially as our budgets
continue to shrink.  The technical piece, however, is much simpler. All of
these seemingly technical questions are still reference questions.  No one
does a reference interview better than a librarian, and we are the best a
sussing out the best possible resource.
as these are consumable devices, there are a million resources on the web
(on forums, in other libraries FAQs, etc).
It doesn't solve the issue of the original post, but it's something I find I
have to mutter to myself, with great frequency, as I strive to learn about
the latest new thing.

martha keough flotten
reference coordinator
multnomah county library