[Libs-Or] Last Chance to register - FREE! Emergency Preparedness Event in Portland
norton at ohsu.edu
Thu Feb 3 18:38:31 PST 2011
FREE! FREE! FREE!
Building Bridges: Emergency Preparedness for Libraries, Archives, Cultural Institutions and First Responders
When: Friday, February 11, 2011, 9:00 – 4:00 (Registration opens at 8:30)
Where: Performing Arts Center at Portland Community College<http://www.pcc.edu/about/locations/sylvania/documents/sy-campus-map.pdf>, Sylvania Campus,
Who should attend:
Library, Archive and Cultural Institution Personnel
* Meet with first responders from the greater Portland metro area
* Learn what information first responders need from you
* Help identify next steps to develop a regional disaster recovery network
First Responders and other Emergency Personnel
* Meet with library, archive and cultural institution personnel from the metro area
* Develop partnerships with libraries and other cultural institutions in disaster planning and response
* Learn about resources libraries can provide to support community disaster response
Lunch provided courtesy of BELFOR
Door prizes (Harry & David baskets; wine basket) also provided, courtesy of BELFOR
Parking<http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/parking-at-pcc.cfm> at PCC
Registration<http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/building-bridges-reg-form.cfm> closes on Friday, February 4th, 2011
Questions? Contact Judith Norton, norton at ohsu.edu<mailto:norton at ohsu.edu>, 503-494-3499 or Shannon Carr, carrsh at ohsu.edu<mailto:carrsh at ohsu.edu>, 503-494-3484.
This project has been funded in whole or in part with Federal funds from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Contract No. NO1-LM-1-3506 with the University of Washington. Additional support provided by Heritage Preservation and Alliance for Response.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or