[Libs-Or] Job Opening: Digital Projects Librarian, Portland, Oregon
Plaut, Daphne Ann
Daphne.Ann.Plaut at kpchr.org
Fri Feb 11 10:10:37 PST 2011
Job Opening: Digital Projects Librarian, Kaiser Permanente Center for
Health Research, Portland, Oregon
Job Purpose: The Digital Projects Librarian will develop, implement,
lead, and manage a digital repository system for preservation,
discovery, sharing, and integration of scientific information.
* Master's degree in library science or equivalent combination of
knowledge and experience.
* A minimum of 2 years of professional library experience.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to
evaluate technology options and develop and recommend solutions.
* Basic knowledge of digital library and repository principles and
* Working knowledge of standard office software.
* Commitment to quality assurance and quality control.
* Working knowledge of copyright law.
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills.
* Experience creating and implementing digital collections.
* Experience managing technology projects in a collaborative work
* Professional work experience in a research, academic, or health
* Working knowledge of institutional repository practices.
* Working knowledge of the bibliographic databases of the National
Library of Medicine.
* Working knowledge of one or more major descriptive metadata standards
Hours/Shift: 40 hours per week.
To read a more detailed job description and complete an application,
visit our website at www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org and search for job
Daphne Plaut, MLS, AHIP
Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest
3800 N. Interstate Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
daphne.ann.plaut at kpchr.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or