[Libs-Or] Alliance Research Interest Group meeting - Friday, February 25 - 10 a.m.-12 noon at Oregon State University

Laura Zeigen zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Fri Feb 11 16:59:17 PST 2011

The next Alliance Research Interest Group (A-RIG - http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/research-interest-group) meeting will be held adjacent to the ACRL-Oregon Board meeting on:

Friday, February 25
10 a.m.-12 noon
Oregon State University
Drinkward Meeting Room, 4th floor, Valley Library, OSU campus
(many thanks to Jane Nichols of OSU for procuring us the room!)

Driving Directions: http://oregonstate.edu/main/campus-life/directions
Parking information: http://oregonstate.edu/dept/facilities/taps/parking

Agenda

1.    Review of current projects (aka “catching up with each other”)

2.    What do people want to learn more about regarding research?

3.    Discuss possible tools/resources for coming year (e.g. ACRL class on research methods, other)

4.    How can we better encourage involvement from more Alliance and other Northwest libraries and librarians?

5.    Brainstorm collaborative research ideas for the future

Interested in a bag lunch for this? Email Laura Zeigen (zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>) by Friday, February 18.
Can’t make it in person? Up to three people can call into the meeting room to 541-737-8400. Email Laura (zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>) if you want to be one of these people.

====================================================================================================
Information about the Alliance Research Interest group: http://www.orbiscascade.org/index/research-interest-group
“The Alliance Research Interest Group facilitates communication and discovery between institutions, providing a forum for discussion and development of collaborative research related to all aspects of library work.

The objectives of this group include 1) Helping each other learn how to do better research and 2) Making more efficient use of our collective resources, thus advancing our individual research interests more quickly. Pursuing these two major objectives has the additional benefit of providing the qualitative and quantitative data necessary for improved assessment and advocacy.”

Laura

Laura Zeigen, MA, MLIS
User Experience Librarian and Assistant Professor
Oregon Health & Science University
Portland, OR
zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu> / 503-494-0505